We are excited to announce the fifth year of The Fit Frosties
2016-2017 school year kick-off will be Thursday, August 31, 2017
Last session this school year will be Thursday, April 26, 2018
End of the year/season culminating event TBA
Who are the Fit Frosties?
- A before-school club that combines fitness, fun and friendship. Open to ALL 1st – 5th graders, parents and staff!
- Our time together will allow us to get in shape, make new friends and cross the finish line together!
When is it?
- Wake up your body and brain every Thursday morning we have school* from August 31 – April 26
- Obviously, for safety reasons, we cancel our sessions when 2-hour delays/closures are announced by the district.
- Please arrive from 8:00-8:10 to check-in and warm-up — main activity will begin promptly at 8:15 AM.
- Please do NOT drop your kids off any earlier than 8:00 AM — adults will be focused on setup, not supervision!
- We averaged 128 students participating each Thursday during the 2016-2017 school year (104-149 students each week), so we hope you understand why early drop-off is a safety issue!!!
When can I start and what do I need?
- Start anytime throughout the school year! Students and parents must sign the Fit Frosties 2017-2018 sign-up form and return it to Mr. Indiciani or submit this online Google Form by the Tuesday of the week you plan start with us — two-day notice will allow for registration.
- Students are expected to come dressed in socks, tennis shoes and weather-appropriate outerwear (layers).
- It is recommended that everyone also bring a bottle of water and a post-workout snack or money to buy breakfast in the cafeteria (served daily at 8:45 AM for $1.25).
- A change of clothes and deodorant is also recommended if you don’t want to be sweaty and stinky all day.
I’m a parent and I would like to help — What can I do?!?!?!
- Be a Fit Frosties Volunteer on Thursday mornings — the amount of success and growth we have had over the years is directly correlated to the level of volunteer support we get from our parents and teachers!!!
- Fill out a WCS Volunteer form the first time you join us, then sign-in as a visitor in the main office and come as often as you are willing/able.
- Ask Mrs. Davis (Secretary) or Mrs. Komlos (Attendance Clerk) for a copy of the volunteer form.
Thank you for your support!!
Questions? Feel free to email Mr. Indiciani with any questions you may have:
**Also, check your spam folder for Fit Frosties news/updates from these addresses.